Electric Vehicle Charging Point Installations (Including Courtyards)Posted by Stewardship Team, 16th February, 2021
Are you considering purchasing an Electric Vehicle?
Are you considering having an Electric Vehicle Charging Point (EVCP) installed?
Are you concerned that your parking space is not adjacent to your property but is within a courtyard?
If you are looking to have an EVCP installed, Bournville Stewardship Services can offer you advice and guidance, and look to give approval. For advice and guidance, please contact us.
Approval can be given for an EVCP to be installed within a courtyard parking space.
You will need to ensure that:
- The EVCP can be installed within your parking space.
- The EVCP should be no higher than 1.6M from the level of the surface used for parking vehicles.
- The electrical outlet must not exceed 0.2 cubic metres and must not face the road.
- The EVCP must be situated 2M or more from the highway.
- There is only one upstand per parking space.
- If any lifting of slabs or if digging takes place, this must be returned to original condition at the time of installation.
Did you know that the Government has an Electric Vehicle Home Charging Scheme?« Back to Latest News