Lightmoor Village is a Joint Venture development between Bournville Village Trust (BVT) and the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA).
Once complete, it will feature 1,000 homes – including homes for affordable rent managed by BVT.
Master planning began in 1996 and the scheme received Outlined Planning Consent in September 2003.
Since then, the Joint Venture has, and continues to work closely, with various developers to deliver the project, which is influenced by the Bournville model in Birmingham.
The vision for Lightmoor Village is to create much more than just new homes.
Once complete, it will be an entire village and community with retail units, a community centre, primary school, nursery, parks and open spaces, and community facilities.
Facts about the Village:
• The 72 hectare (178 acre) Lightmoor Village site is owned by the HCA and is the final remaining major area allocated for development within the original Telford New Town Master Plan.
• Emphasis on ‘Sustainability’ and ‘Long-Term Stewardship by BVT’ – through the Stewardship Service.
• Commenced 2005, anticipated to be completed 2020
• When completed, it will comprise of around 1000 homes
• Village Centre with BVT office (Cherry Tree House), convenience store, pharmacy, cafe and healthcare centre and a nursery
• Lightmoor Village Primary School for 210 pupils
• Community Centre (Oak Tree Centre)
• 22 hectares (54 acres) of open space throughout and surrounding the village, including orchards, parks, play areas and a full size football pitch.
• High design standards and low environmental impact – all homes constructed to BREEAM Eco Homes ‘Very Good’ standard. All surface water drainage fed through a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS).
BVT, through Stewardship Services, is responsible for the day-to-day responsible management and maintenance of the open spaces, which are not adopted by Telford and Wrekin Council or comprised within individual private ownership.
In addition to the usual statutory planning controls, BVT, through Stewardship Service also operate a development control policy to ensure the appearance and amenity of the whole Village is maintained. As a housing association, Bournville Village Trust also has responsibility for its rented homes. For more information about BVT’s rented homes and associated services, please visit www.bvt.org.uk.